3.11.2011

The Story Behind the Story

My mother’s father was raised in Macon, GA. He passed away in 1963, so I never had the opportunity to know him. However, his sister, “Aunt Louise,” played a major role in my mother, sister, and I’s life. She was the grandparent we never knew on my mom’s side of the family. When she had a heart attack in 2002, and had to be moved from her home, my mother grabbed anything and everything from the 80 year old home. My great-grandfather built the house in 1920, and all of the furniture within was either made or purchased from that time. After eight years in my parent’s basement, my husband and I feel honored to give these family treasures a permanent resting place in a new century.  This blog is about my journey to make items almost a century old look AMAZING not ANTIQUATED!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. So Glad! The Arnall stamp of approval was just the ego boost I needed :) Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the blog Jenn! I can't wait for more updates! So glad you started this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This stuff is Great! You are so creative! I am looking forward to your projects. I love my Jenny!

    ReplyDelete