1.22.2013

Somthing Old, Something New, Something in the Kitchen's Blue!

I would now like to address the situation on the kitchen. I would say it is 90% completed. The appliances in the kitchen and the granite were great! Really, the only major changes were the backsplash and color. The kitchen is the same color as the adjoining living room, and the tray ceiling over the table is also tan like the living room. Tom Adams painted it in May of 2011. There were lots of things that needed to be ammended in the wall and ceiling. Things beyond Brandon and I's set of skills. So, Tom was necessary and did a great job! Here is the before and after shots of the kitchen.
Before
After
 
I know it may not seem like a big change. However, the blue really brings out the cabinets, and I am still looking for the perfect bar stools. Any suggestions? Also, notice the back splash change.
Before
After
 
Brandon surprised me with this change in August of 2012. The Martha Stewart tiles were on sale at Home Depot and we thought they would coordinate with the granite and the blue walls. Also, it adds a modern update to the whole house. So, in January of 2011 we purchased the tiles, and there they sat. Brandon worked with Hart Pearson, with White Tie Properties, to make this small dream a reality. I think it makes a statement and a difference in bringing this kitchen into this century.
Before
After

 
I am noticing these pictures look really dark. Could I have taken better ones? Yes! But, that would have enabled me to procrastinate further on this project, so dark pictures will have to due. Hopefully, you get the point. The point is the big difference in my interpretation of this space. The table and buffet, came from the Houston Ave. house in Macon, that my great grandfather built. It is 20's era furniture. I LOVE these pieces! They are old, but the wood is rich and full of character. The chairs that go with the this set are small. I mean tiny. Like perfect for Happy, Sleepy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Bashful, and Doc, but not for those of us who are not animated. I have a purpose for them, more on that to come. These chairs were a wonderful find at Moore's furniture in Temple, GA. They are a great place for deals. It is just a warehouse so go ready to look, and keep your eyes peeled. You can also order. We also purchased our couch there. The window needs a treatment, and it is on the way! I will post more about it when it comes :)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment